Monday, September 18, 2006

Jack Nicholson, OscarĀ® Winner, Yankee Fan



You can only suffer for your art so much. There are limits. While filming the new gangster flick "The Departed" about the Boston mafia, New Yorker Jack Nicholson refused to wear a Red Sox cap in one scene. Legendary director Martin Scorcese, also a New Yorker, asked Jack to don the Sox cap. After Jack responded along the lines of, "Are you shitting me?," Scorcese backed down. Supposedly he wore a Yankees cap instead. Thank you, Jack.

I forgive you for that piece of crap Something's Gotta Give.

Comments:
Good for Jack. But I bet Scorsese wouldn't have even bothered to ask it of DeNiro.

Do you think DeNiro sits around at home getting twisted on whiskey and throwing darts at a Leonardo DiCaprio poster? I imagine he's quite bitter at this point.
 
I admire Jack for sticking to his guns here. For me, athletic allegiance is something that cannot be compromised.

For example, there is no sum that could convince me to wear pinstripes...

(Okay, there might be SOME amount, and I'm willing to entertain offers...)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?