Thursday, October 05, 2006

Game 2 of ALDS Rained Out


The radar last night showed two storms moving in, and there was no way the game was going to be played. Yet 56,000 fans were allowed to sit around in a light rain for two hours until the game was officially called. Bet they didn't get the 26 bucks they paid for parking back.

My onsite reporter, Karen, gave me the lowdown: "...I have sat through entire games that it rained harder than it ever did last night during the delay...but my friend bought me an awesome Jeter rain poncho so im happy! Also, they played cool music 'who'll stop the rain' and things like that which was fun. I would say it was a heavy drizzle but never drenching rain."

Game 2 will be played today at 1PM. Mussina vs. Verlander. The weather is sunny and warm now, the storms moving through overnight.
(Photo by my roving reporter, Karen Barletta.)

Comments:
Yeah they got rained out, but how 'bout that Mets game!
 
They hung on by the skin of their teeth! Tried their best to blow it, but they won anyway. The Dodgers will be their toughest opponent in the NL this year. Off to a good start.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?