Thursday, October 05, 2006

Yankees lose Game 2 of ALDS, 4-3


KROD

Game 2 became a day game after the rain out Wednesday night. Since I have a full-time job, I couldn't watch the game. So I followed it the new-fangled way: the internet.

First I tried to listen through WCBS's web site. I registered, launched the player, and heard...the news! That's right, the news! Where was the game? Was I doing something wrong? So, I then went to Yahoo sports and loaded the in-game box score. This is great because the page refreshes automatically every 30 seconds. It tells you the score, who is at-bat and pitching, even the count.

Even watching it in this manner, I could still tell what a sloppy game the Yanks played. Missed bunts, errors, a passed ball, ARot (that's NOT a typo) striking out with the bases loaded. In fact, ARot went 0-4 and struck out 3 times. To be fair, Sheffield also took an 0-4 and whiffed twice. Overall the Yanks left 20 men on base. This is unacceptable. We should be stomping the Tigers, especially after the way Detroit played over the last six weeks or so.

Some random, bitter, emotional thoughts after a Yankees loss:
* The rain out halted the Yanks momentum from the big Game 1 victory.
* Torre should bench ARot in favor of Cairo for Game 3.
* Yanks should trade ARot after the season.
* At least Farnsworth and Mariano will have 2 days rest for tomorrow's game.
* No word from my roving reporter. Hope she's OK.

Comments:
Thanks.

I have a good poker face, but alas it is wasted, because I don't know the first thing about poker.
 
That's true, he doesn't.

But he does know baseball!
 
I'll teach you poker, Don. When Carl Pavano starts playing.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?